Bottomless brunch is a trendy way to enjoy a leisurely meal with friends and family. But what to wear for this stylish occasion can be challenging for many.
In this article, we’ll delve into what bottomless brunch is and provide eight top ideas for what to wear, with four suggestions explicitly tailored for men and four for women.
What is Bottomless Brunch?
Bottomless brunch is a fusion of breakfast and lunch, often served in a chic restaurant setting. Along with an enticing array of foods, the unlimited refills of selected beverages, such as mimosas, Bloody Marys, or coffee, set bottomless brunch apart.
It’s a social event combining the best parts of breakfast and lunch, encouraging guests to indulge in food and drink. The atmosphere tends to be relaxed yet stylish, making the choice of attire somewhat significant.
Casual sophistication blends the ease of everyday wear with a touch of refinement. It’s about appearing polished without seeming overdressed.
Comfortable fabrics and tailored fits create a versatile look that is perfect for a modern brunch spot. This style encourages personal expression while maintaining a level of grace and elegance.
- Shirt: A button-down or polo shirt
- Pants: Well-fitting jeans or chinos
- Footwear: Loafers or clean sneakers
- Accessories: A leather belt and watch
- Dress: A simple, elegant dress or blouse-skirt combination
- Footwear: Ballet flats or low-heeled sandals
- Accessories: A stylish handbag and minimal jewelry
Smart casual offers a stylish middle ground between formal and informal attire. It integrates classic pieces with contemporary flair, mixing comfort with a slightly dressier appearance.
This look is well-suited for upscale brunch venues, allowing flexibility without sacrificing style. It communicates an appreciation for fashion subtleties and embodies a confident yet approachable demeanor.
- Top: A blazer over a t-shirt or polo shirt
- Pants: Tailored trousers or chinos
- Footwear: Derby shoes or fashionable boots
- Accessories: A sleek watch and belt
- Top: Tailored blouse or blazer
- Bottom: High-waisted trousers or a midi skirt
- Footwear: Heeled sandals or classic pumps
- Accessories: A statement necklace or elegant earrings
Relaxed Weekend Look
Embracing the essence of weekend leisure, the relaxed weekend look is about casual ease without appearing sloppy. This style is perfect for an informal brunch with friends or family, where comfort takes center stage. However, attention to details like fit and coordination ensures that the outfit still appears thoughtful and cohesive.
- Top: A clean, well-fitting t-shirt or Henley
- Pants: Casual trousers or shorts
- Footwear: Sandals or casual sneakers
- Accessories: A casual watch or bracelet
- Top: Comfortable blouse or sweater
- Bottom: Jeans or casual skirt
- Footwear: Slip-on sneakers or sandals
- Accessories: A tote bag and sunglasses
Summer Brunch Style
Summer brunch style celebrates the vibrant and fresh ambiance of the season. Light, breathable fabrics paired with bright or pastel colors create a refreshing and cheerful appearance. It’s an ideal outdoor or garden brunch look, where the outfit can mirror summer’s lively and sunny atmosphere.
- Top: Short-sleeved button-down shirt
- Pants: Linen or light cotton pants
- Footwear: Boat shoes or casual slip-ons
- Accessories: A straw fedora and lightweight scarf
- Dress: Maxi dress or skirt with a summery print
- Footwear: Gladiator sandals or espadrilles
- Accessories: A wide-brimmed hat and layered necklaces
Urban chic represents the pulse of modern city fashion. Sleek lines, edgy designs, and on-trend patterns characterize it.
Whether dining at a hip city rooftop or a trendy downtown cafe, this style reflects urban sophistication and contemporary elegance. It’s about capturing the city’s spirit with a stylish and functional outfit.
- Top: A fitted sweater or unique patterned shirt
- Pants: Slim-fit trousers or dark jeans
- Footwear: Trendy boots or high-top sneakers
- Accessories: A messenger bag and a modern watch
- Top: A trendy blouse or off-the-shoulder top
- Bottom: Culottes or fitted skirt
- Footwear: Ankle boots or platform shoes
- Accessories: A statement handbag and bold jewelry
A nod to timeless grace and polished perfection, classic elegance embodies sophistication through well-chosen, high-quality pieces. This look transcends fleeting trends and emphasizes understated luxury.
Ideal for an elegant or formal brunch venue, it reflects an appreciation for craftsmanship and tradition. It’s not just a style; it’s a statement of poise and refinement.
- Suit: A well-fitted suit or blazer with dress pants
- Shirt: A crisp white or light-colored dress shirt
- Footwear: Leather dress shoes or Oxfords
- Accessories: A silk tie and pocket square
- Dress: A tailored dress or blouse with a pencil skirt
- Footwear: Classic pumps or heeled sandals
- Accessories: Pearl earrings and a clutch purse
Channeling styles from bygone eras, vintage vibes bring a touch of nostalgia and whimsy to the brunch table.
This style creatively integrates retro pieces, from the swinging ’60s to the elegant ’20s, creating a playful and unique look. It’s perfect for those looking to make a distinct fashion statement, particularly in a retro or vintage-themed venue.
- Top: A retro printed shirt or classic vest
- Pants: High-waisted trousers or corduroy pants
- Footwear: Brogues or vintage-inspired sneakers
- Accessories: A fedora hat and pocket watch
- Dress: A vintage dress or blouse with a full skirt
- Footwear: Mary Jane heels or vintage-style flats
- Accessories: Cat-eye sunglasses and a vintage handbag
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: The dress code for a bottomless brunch can vary depending on the venue and occasion. It can range from casual to smart casual. It’s best to understand the place’s ambiance or the nature of the gathering to choose the appropriate attire. Styles like Casual Sophistication or Smart Casual are often suitable choices.
Yes, jeans can be appropriate for a bottomless brunch, especially if they are well-fitting and paired with a nice top or button-down shirt. The key is ensuring the overall look is polished and complements the venue’s atmosphere.
Shorts can be suitable for a more relaxed or summer-themed bottomless brunch. Pairing them with a stylish shirt and appropriate footwear can make the look both comfortable and trendy. Consider the venue and weather when opting for shorts.
Dressing up or down for a bottomless brunch is about adjusting the level of formality to suit the occasion. To dress up, you might opt for a blazer, tailored dress, or accessories like a tie or elegant jewelry. You can choose more relaxed fabrics, casual tops, or simple accessories to dress down. Styles like Urban Chic or Classic Elegance can be adapted to different levels of formality.
It’s generally best to avoid overly casual or sloppy attire, such as ripped jeans, flip-flops, or clothing with inappropriate slogans. Consider the venue and the company you’ll be with, and aim for an outfit that is comfortable but still shows a level of care and consideration for the occasion.